Saturday, March 3, 2012

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

We have this neighbor.  His name is Lyman.  We love him.  He's a 2nd-grader and an aspiring Navy SEAL.  Jon and Lyman walked up the street to meet Chloe (Lyman's teenage sister) and me for lunch today.  In typical fashion he was clad in full camo and with face paint, a gift from Jon a few weeks back.

 

Here are a few highlights from conversation with Lyman over the past 24 hours:

1)  "You two should have kids.  Are you trying?"

2)  To Jon:  "Your jaw is funny and your bottom lip is big."
Immediately, to me:  "How do you kiss him?"

3)  "What do you think of Obama?"

4)  At lunch playing with an army figurine, a quick head nod in my direction:  "I gotta admit it, you're good with kids."

3 comments:

Laine said...

This is hilarious. Just simply hilarious.

Laine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love this. I want to be his friend!