Wednesday, April 11, 2012

There's a Reason Flo Rida sings Low

I hit a new personal low today. 

I said "F* you" to a coworker.  Nice.

(Sigh)

Sometimes you think you're so mature, and then you crash face first into a 2x4 of "yep, turns out I AM capable of that."  I think this is the second time in my life I've ever said this word-sequence to someone with whom I do not share a last name.  (First time probably occured on the high school soccer field.  Sorry, Coach Rose.)

I immediately felt terrible and heavy laden with the burden of "needing to apologize."  I followed him outside and with quick, feverish words made things right.  Also, I ate some crow.  After my confession and apology he said, "What?" *laughter* "I didn't even hear you say that."  To which I painfully and red-faced recounted the scenario then replied, "Well I said it.  Now you can be annoyed with me and move on."

Thankfully, I work mostly with college students in their early twenties.  This makes it a lot easier to recover from dropping an F Bomb on someone.  Meanwhile, maybe I need to have a quiet time?  Oy vey.  Thirty-one and miles from being a grown up.

No comments: