Thursday, May 17, 2012

Do you ever have those moments when each of your senses seem to pique simultaneously, you draw in breath and become overwhelmed with the notion that your life is very rich?

I had one of those moments last night.  My eyes welled with evidence of rising emotion and deep satisfaction.  I took in my surroundings enveloped by a haze of slow motion.  A deluge of thoughts flooded my awareness.



I found myself surrounded by unlikely, new friends on a perfect evening in St. Augustine, FL stilled by a magical light show which accompanied the band, Wilco as they performed on stage.  And I was overwhelmed....

by the warmth of God's goodness
by the unpredictable course of my life
by the fact I was there only by one's generosity and another's invitation
by my full belly and SweetWater Blue in hand

And I couldn't help but conclude that God is trustworthy, and He is good.


(More later because I cannot stop here.  Stay tuned.)

No comments: