Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Maybe My Last Peppermint Mocha, On Principle


 

Then one time Jon Horne was such a champ suggesting we hit up Starbucks for a tandem study date.  Off we go from the hours of 8-10pm, he with his missiles and flight tactics, me with my Greek textbook.  We arrive.  I grab a table, he orders the drinks.  Thanks, honey.  After an hour or so nestled in and studying hard, we have a chat about our now-finished beverages.  Somehow this happens:

I'm like, "blah blah," and "and of course mine was decaf."
His eyes go suddenly wide, "Oh no. I forgot."

And ta da!  Here I am.  It's 3:51am EST, and let me tell you.  I have been one PRODUCTIVE person since 11pm.  So far I have succesfully fastened a new slipcover on a couch, ironed and steamed new slipcover, cleared out our ten-month-long junk room, moved furniture, hung a picture, tranferred and set up TV, Roku, etc. to make a new den!  I vacuumed the front room and spent A LOT of minutes searching for coffee tables on overstock.com, wayfair.com, tuesdaymorning.com (major disappointment), worldmarket.com, target.com, and ikea.com. Then I watched two episodes of New Girl in the new den.  Now I'm trolling facebook clicking on links to dumb blogposts and certain articles about spaceships, child predators (horrifying), and wait for it (that's right, you guessed it) "Ten Foods Americans Eat That Are Banned In Other Developed Countries."  #whyisthefdatryingtokillus?

Tonight, Starbucks won.  Come to think of it, so did Jon Horne.  He's been in bed since 10:30.  Wait!  So did I!  I've been increasingly plagued by that depressing junk room - and now.... it's gone.  Win Win Win!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahahhaha. ohhhhh.