Monday, November 3, 2008

KONICHIWA






I would first like to point out that Nina Simone is supposed to give birth today. Go get 'em, Nina!
Second – I have been having a lovely time with three Americans who are here teaching English for the entire school year. Kaitlyn is 19 years old from Ft. Wayne, IN. Abbey is a 19 year old from teeny-tiny Flannigan, Illinois. And Scott is in his mid-50's from Florida. Friday was Halloween so I suggested a Halloween Dinner! We all had to get creative and somehow come up with costumes and they had to be a secret until dinner. So fun! I decided that this year I would be a Japanese lady. I mean, of course. I had a striped sheet that I cut a hole in for my head, with the help of an Italian pashmina around my waist – instant kimono. Throw your hair in a bun with some pens criss-crossed like chopsticks, wear white socks with skinny black flip flops and voila! A white, light-brown-haired, nearly 6 foot tall 'Japanese' woman. Totally feasible. Hey people, it's Halloween, the sky's the limit. I will say that my costume had some serious engineering problems in the rear, but it ended up being really fun.

2 comments:

Tara said...

hahaha...I just wanted to let you know that every Ethiopian post you've written has been immensely entertaining, and I would have been right there with you at the goal post. I want pictures of your Japanese costume masterpiece!

Jonathan W. said...

You're japanese halloween costume reminds me of a joke that one traveling ferange lady told me. It starts out like this... What did Sushi A say to Sushi B? :)